Extra Special Curried Parsnip Soup. Low Prices on Parsnip Soup Great recipe for Extra Special Curried Parsnip Soup. I love this mildly spiced thick soup. It's sweet with parsnips and has a little kick from chilli.
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium low heat. Add in the onions and Sauté for several minutes stirring occasionally until beautifully soft and lightly golden. Sauté for a couple of minutes. You can cook Extra Special Curried Parsnip Soup using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Extra Special Curried Parsnip Soup
- It's 3 of large sized parsnips, trimmed and finely diced,.
- Prepare 1/2 of white onion, chopped,.
- You need 1.5 tbsp of vegetable oil for frying,.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garam masala,.
- It's 1/2 tsp of garlic powder,.
- You need 1/4 tsp of tumeric,.
- Prepare of Tiny pinch red chilli flakes,.
- Prepare 1 tsp of honey,.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of quark,.
- It's 1/2 of vegetable stock cube,.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper to season,.
- It's of Enough boiling water to cover veg in pan,.
Season well with salt and pepper. Add in the garlic, garam masala. Add the cream and, once boiling, reduce the heat to simmer. Add the roasted parsnips and continue to simmer.
Extra Special Curried Parsnip Soup instructions
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium low heat. Add in the onions and Sauté for several minutes stirring occasionally until beautifully soft and lightly golden..
- Add in the parsnip. Stir. Sauté for a couple of minutes. Season well with salt and pepper. Add in the garlic, garam masala and tumeric. Stir through. Cook the spices out for a minute or two..
- Boil a kettle of water. Crumble the stock cube over the parsnips then pour over enough boiling water to cover all the veg. Bring to a simmer. Once the parsnips are soft, remove from the heat..
- Blend out until quite smooth using a hand blender then add in the quark. Blend further until smooth a creamy. Add hot water in little by little whilst stirring until desired final consistency is achieved. It should be smooth and quite thick but not lumpy but still able to run off a spoon..
- Serve up and garnish with homemade sourdough croutons, crispy onion bits, crispy streaky bacon, a couple extra small dollops of quark and fresh coriander leaves. Enjoy!.
Add the toasted spices and bay leaves and stir for a minute, then add the chopped parsnips and stock. Keep half of one parsnip aside. Add to a saucepan with the diced potato, onion, garlic, curry powder and stock pot. This curried parsnip soup is the perfect form of resistance against bitterly cold winter days; it will warm your aching bones and put a smile on your face, I guarantee it. The original recipe called for chopped red peppers as a garnish, but I thought that smoked paprika would be a nice alternative, and it's definitely a winner!