How to Cook Tasty Mushroom Fried Rice
Mushroom Fried Rice. In the same skillet, heat canola oil and remaining sesame oil. Stir in the rice, peas, soy sauce, salt and pepper. In the same frying pan, heat the remaining tablespoon of cooking oil over moderate heat.
Add oil in the wok and heat until hot. Pour beaten egg in, stirring constantly. Heat the ghee/oil in a large pan or wok. You can have Mushroom Fried Rice using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mushroom Fried Rice
- Prepare 1 of small brown onion - thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 of small red onion or shallot - thinly sliced.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 of red chilli (big) - thinly sliced or chopped.
- You need Dashes of white pepper powder.
- It's of Oyster mushrooms/ baby Oyster mushrooms - the more the better.
- It's 2-3 C of cold rice - grains separated.
- It's of Seasoning.
- You need As needed of - Chicken seasoning powder or salt.
- Prepare of To Garnish.
- You need 1-2 tbsp of chopped spring onion.
When the fat is very hot, throw in the cumin seeds followed immediately by the sliced mushrooms. Stir quickly to coat the mushroom slices with the cumin seeds and then add the chopped red pepper. Continue stirring briskly while you add the cold rice. Heat the oil in a frying pan, then tip in the egg.
Mushroom Fried Rice step by step
- Prep all ingredients; rice, mushrooms, onions, chillies & spring onion..
- Heat up oil in a deep pan or a wok. Sauté onions, both brown & red until almost translucent. Push to the side of the pan or wok. Break the eggs in, leave to set very lightly & then scramble the eggs, mixing it with the onions..
- Add chopped or sliced chillies. Stir. Next, stir in oyster mushrooms. Cook well until wilted..
- Add in the rice. Cook over medium heat. Stir to combine rice with the rest of the ingredients. Season with salt or chicken seasoning powder (if using but highly recommended). Keep stirring for 3-5mins until everything is well-mixed. Taste & adjust seasonings accordingly if needed. Turn off the heat. Stir in chopped spring onion & add splashes of sesame oil (if using). Mix well. Dish up and serve immediately..
Heat butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Brown chicken in butter and season with salt to taste. Once cooked through and no longer pink in the centre, remove chicken from pan and set aside. Transfer cooked rice to the pan in which the chicken was cooked, stirring to brown. Mushroom Fried Rice is perfect for a quick meal just as it is, but it is also really easy to customize.