Recipe: Appetizing Fisherman's Pie
Fisherman's Pie. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Pungent capers and gherkins have long been favourite flavourings in Britain and bring piquant contrast to the mild, comforting tastes and textures of fish, eggs and potato.
Drain well, set aside and keep hot. Drain well, add the butter and mash, add seasoning to taste. Fish expert Mitch Tonks' fish pie recipe has bags of flavour from the smoked haddock, prawns and cod. You can cook Fisherman's Pie using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fisherman's Pie
- It's 1.300 g of Maris Piper Potatoes.
- It's 900 g of frozen Alaskan Pollock fish fillets (only use half).
- Prepare of For Sauce.
- Prepare 250 g of Unsalted Butter.
- It's 250 g of Plain Flour.
- You need 1.000 ml of Pasteurized Cow Milk (2 large mugs).
- Prepare 700 g of Mature Cheddar Cheese.
Using fish that isn't properly defrosted can lead to a watery fish pie. Choose non-oily, fleshy fish such as salmon, cod, smoked haddock, and coley (aka pollock), which is similar to cod. Either buy one type of fish or mix different fish, even shrimp or prawns, together. Stud a couple of the onion slices with the cloves.
Fisherman's Pie step by step
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 7.Peel,wash,and chop potatoes and then cover with cold water and gently boil in a suitable saucepan for 30 minutes,can keep the saucepan lid on..
- In a large,deep Skillet (frying pan you can place in the oven) melt 250g of Unsalted Butter and then add the 250g of Plain Flour. Gradually mix the milk in,but leave 250ml (half of a large mug) of milk spare for later - roughly chop Mature Cheddar Cheese into the thick Sauce - then add the rest of the 250ml of milk - stir..
- Drain the cooked boiled potatoes - leaving some potato water too add as well and place onto half of the cheesy Bechemel Sauce (remove half of the sauce from the Skillet).Place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes..
- During the last 10 minutes of cooking time,add about 450g of frozen fish fillets to a baking tray and add a little bit of cold water too the baking tray and turn fish fillets half way through cooking time - 10 minutes should be long enough for the fish fillets to be cooked. Add half of the cheesy mash to a large Dinner Plate and then serve all of the fish fillets with it - for One big portion of dinner..
Fish pie is a family favourite, and this Jamie Oliver fish pie recipe is no exception. Packed with haddock or cod, baby spinach, and of course, boiled eggs. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Instructions: Our Fisherman's Pie is best oven baked straight from your freezer. Ensure product is piping hot throughout before serving.