Roasted Beetroot Hummus. Once the beetroots are roasted, remove them from the oven and let them cool. Peel the skin and chop them into chunks. Put the beetroot, chickpeas, garlic, coriander, salt and olive oil in a food.
Add remaining ingredients except for olive oil and blend until smooth. Drizzle in olive oil as the hummus is mixing. The chickpeas will double in volume, and leave these overnight to soak at room temperature. You can cook Roasted Beetroot Hummus using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Roasted Beetroot Hummus
- You need 1 of Medium roasted beet peeled and chopped.
- You need 1 can of chickpeas.
- It's 2/3 cup of tahini.
- You need 1/3 cup of fresh lemon Juice.
- Prepare 2 of gloves of garlic crushed.
- You need 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It's 1 teaspoon of Cumin.
- It's 1 tablespoon of fresh Parsley finely chopped (for decoration).
We prepare our beet hummus in minutes by blending roasted beets, canned chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, and salt in a food processor, resulting in its elegant purple color and super-creamy consistency. How to Roast Beets Our foolproof method for roasting beets is so simple, you'll find yourself adding beets to every meal. Pull off and discard the roots, leaves/stalk and peel of the cooled beetroot. Serve swirled with a little yogurt, some toasted cumin seeds, a little torn mint and some crusty bread.
Roasted Beetroot Hummus step by step
- Firstly boil the Can of Chickpeas on a low to slightly medium heat for around 3-5 minutes and drain. Keep about 1/2 a cup might needed to soften mixture (for enhanced flavour dried chickpeas bolied at home is best but require more time so why not try to boil the canned chickpeas with 1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda! 2-3 minutes).
- Add the chickpeas, tahini, beet, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, and salt in the bowl of a food processor..
- While food processor running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil and blend until smooth (May need to add some chickpeas drained water- maitain consistency of texture as desired).
- Serve in a bowl and drizzle of olive oil as desires with a sprinkle of the finely chopped fresh parsley or herbs of your choice.
Place in a food processor, with the beetroot and blitz until finely chopped. Blitz again to form a creamy paste adding enough of the cooking/canning liquid to get the desired consistency. Method Cut the beetroot into small chunks (about eight pieces per beetroot) and place into a blender. Immediately wash your hands, or the beetroot will stain! Beetroot Hummus is a community recipe submitted by ReneK and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.