Recipe: Yummy Coconut bean casserole
Coconut bean casserole. The Original Ceramic Non-Stick - Healthy, Affordable & Easy to Clean Cookware. Coconut bean casserole step by step. STOVE-TOP - to make this on the stove, fry the leeks / onion gently for a few minutes in a large pot, and then add the garlic, chilli and herbs and fry for another couple of minutes.
Great recipe for Coconut bean casserole. A great one-pot recipe for using up extra vegetables. I used leeks, carrots and a potato but other vegetables (courgettes and sweet potatoes, for example) would be just as good! You can cook Coconut bean casserole using 14 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Coconut bean casserole
- Prepare of Vegetables (about 400g - 500g total) - all diced / chopped.
- You need 4 of small leeks (or use onions).
- You need 2 of small carrots (or use courgette, beetroot).
- You need 1 of medium potato (or use sweet potato).
- You need of Other ingredients.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil (for frying).
- You need 2 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mild chilli powder (or spice of your choice!).
- You need 2 tsp of dried herbs (e.g. oregano or coriander leaf).
- Prepare 1 can of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 can of beans, drained and rinsed (any kind - the meal pictured includes rosecoco beans, but kidney beans or butter beans etc all work fine).
- You need of Salt and pepper to taste.
- It's of Water or veg stock, if extra liquid is needed (up to 200ml).
- It's of OPTIONAL - fresh herbs or chopped spring onion to garnish.
It's perfect for the slow cooker, but is also fine if done on the stove-top. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Drain and shock with cold water or ice water to stop cooking. Place the cauliflower florets and beans in a large casserole dish and pour over the coconut mixture.
Coconut bean casserole instructions
- STOVE-TOP - to make this on the stove, fry the leeks / onion gently for a few minutes in a large pot, and then add the garlic, chilli and herbs and fry for another couple of minutes. Now add all the other ingredients except the water / stock. Simmer, checking it occasionally to stir and add liquid as necessary. It is done when all the vegetables are tender - up to about 30 minutes..
- SLOW COOKER - to make this in a slow cooker, you don't need the oil or the water/stock. I like to microwave the leeks / onions for 2 minutes first (optional - I find that, sometimes, larger chunks of onion are still a bit undercooked even after hours in the slow cooker!) Then just add all the ingredients to the slow cooker at once. DO NOT add any water. Cook on high for about 4 hours..
Reserve a little coriander for garnish and chop the rest. When the casserole is ready, stir in the chopped coriander and serve garnished with the reserved leaves. Top with the onions and garlic. Bring a gallon of water to a boil in a large stockpot and prepare a bowl of ice water. Meanwhile, make the coconut bacon by combining the coconut flakes, liquid smoke, and paprika in a small bowl.