Recipe: Yummy Strapatsada (Greek Eggs with Tomatoes)
Strapatsada (Greek Eggs with Tomatoes). Fill Your Cart With Color today! Browse new releases, best sellers or classics. Free delivery on eligible orders Method.
Pour in the beaten eggs and mix with a wooden spoon to combine. Cut the tomatoes in half - a Greek person would now cut out the cores; this English person is too lazy - and then cut them into rough chunks. Pour in the beaten eggs and stir with a wooden spoon, so that the ingredients combine. You can cook Strapatsada (Greek Eggs with Tomatoes) using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Strapatsada (Greek Eggs with Tomatoes)
- You need 5 of medium tomatoes (grated).
- It's 3 of medium eggs.
- Prepare 80 g of feta cheese.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- It's 1 tsp of oregano.
- It's 1 tsp of sugar.
Cook until the eggs are cooked. In a small mixing bowl whisk the eggs and set aside. Grate tomato using a hand grater. Heat the oil in a pan and place the chopped tomatoes with the pinch of sugar.
Strapatsada (Greek Eggs with Tomatoes) instructions
- Grate the tomatoes using the large bladed side of a grater..
- Simmer them in a pan for approximately 10 minutes or until their juices are evaporated..
- Add the olive oil, salt, pepper and the sugar and stir until combined..
- Whisk the eggs, add them to the pan and stir occasionally until they are cooked (approx. 2-3 mins)..
- Turn off the heat and mix the grated feta and oregano with the eggs and serve..
Sprinkle with salt and pepper and pour the eggs in. Stir the ingredients together in constant motion. When curds start to form, add the cheese. Greek Eggs with Tomatoes - Strapatsada is a simple, yet satisfying, dish to add to your Sunday breakfast menu! From Lizz: Many families in Greece, mine being one of them, typically have farm fresh eggs available.