Easiest Way to Make Perfect Fish pie
Fish pie. Low Prices on Popular Products Fish expert Mitch Tonks' fish pie recipe has bags of flavour from the smoked haddock, prawns and cod. Fish pie is a universal comfort food, we've given it a Spanish twist and a domino effect potato topping. Spoon the potatoes over the pie and scuff up the surface with a fork.
In this version, leek and watercress are added to boost the vitamin value, and sliced potato and cheese make an appealing [.] Recipe by: Azmina Govindji Fluffy haddock fish pie Hearty, creamy and super-satisfying "This delicious fish pie is a great excuse to pack in the veg, so use whatever you have to hand - even frozen peas! Instead of plain old mash, I've created a crispy root veg topping to add colour and texture - it's a bit like a rosti, only baked instead of fried. Roughly chop the spinach and stir into the cheese sauce. You can have Fish pie using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fish pie
- Prepare of Filling.
- It's 640 g of fish (I used 2 packs of fish pie mix, cod salmon and smoked haddock).
- It's 2 of bay leaves.
- It's 550 ml of milk.
- Prepare 1 of leek.
- Prepare 100 g of bacon lardons.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 50 g of butter.
- It's 25 g of frozen peas.
- Prepare of Mash.
- It's 750 g of Potatoes.
- Prepare 150 ml of Milk.
- It's 15 g of Butter.
Remove the pan from the heat, then stir in the prawns, fish pie mix and mustard. Simple and satisfying - a good fish pie is one of the greatest comfort foods. From mini fish pies to fish pie with cheesy leek mash topping, these recipes will quickly become household favourites. Filter This Page Filter Clear All.
Fish pie instructions
- Boil potatoes for 20min, mash then mix with butter and milk.
- Gently simmer the fish, milk and bay leaves in the saucepan for 7-8min..
- While the fish is poaching, in a frying pan fry the leeks and lardons. When the lardons are crispy take off the heat and set aside.
- When the fish poached, drain the creamy milk into a jug and add the fish to the lardons.
- Wipe the poaching pan and add the butter and flour. Heat and stir until it forms a paste..
- Slowly add the creamy milk, stirring constantly to make a white sauce.
- Add the leeks, lardons, frozen peas and fish into the white sauce and mix. Put mixture into oven proof dish.
- Cover with mashed potatoes and cook for 30min at 200oC.
Start by making the mashed potato for the topping. Chop the potatoes into chunks and cook in boiling salted water until tender. Lift the fish out onto a plate and strain the cooking liquor into a jug. When the fish is cool enough to handle, break it into large flakes, discarding the skin and any bones. Place the fish in an oven-proof dish and cover with the milk.