Recipe: Yummy Rustic chicken and vegetable pie 5 pound meal
Rustic chicken and vegetable pie 5 pound meal. How to Make Rustic Chicken Vegetable Pie. Preparing a holiday meal can get pricy. However, there are ways to prepare a fantastic holiday dinner while still saving a few dollars.
Cook with Us: Easy, Fresh and Colorful Meals. by Irisiin Antipasti & Appetizers, Savoury Pies And Drain, squeeze out as much liquid as possible and chop coarsely. A vegetable packed pie great for giving to children. Get them involved in the cooking. You can have Rustic chicken and vegetable pie 5 pound meal using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rustic chicken and vegetable pie 5 pound meal
- You need of Roll of pastry.
- It's 100 g of chicken mince.
- Prepare 400 g of packet of frozen vegetables - precooked.
- Prepare Spoonful of passata sauce.
- You need of Salt and pepper to taste.
- It's of Beaten egg to glaze.
- You need of Olive oil.
Measure the pastry against the pie dish and once the pastry is slightly larger than the top, lift it carefully over the dish. It might be helpful to use the rolling pin to help you move the pastry. It has a thick filling loaded with chicken and vegetables and a biscuit topping. I'd much rather have a tall fluffy biscuit than pie crust any day.
Rustic chicken and vegetable pie 5 pound meal instructions
- Preheat oven to 180. Heat oil in a pan. Brown the mince and then add the passata. Cook for another 5 minutes. Set a side.
- Roll out the pastry into a round medium sized foil tray. Trim the edges and set a side. Prick with a fork and glaze with egg..
- Add the bag of veg, still frozen, to the mince. Mix and season to taste. Then add to the pie. Use the rest of the pastry to decorate. Glaze with egg and pop in the oven for about 25-30 mins. Serve with a salad.
Once I made the recipe I knew it was going to be one we would make It's now a dish I make when we entertain, take meals to friends or go to potluck dinners. Pie 'birds' are traditionally used for pie making and are available from specialty cookware stores. They prevent the pastry sinking into the centre. If you do not have one, a small, ceramic espresso cup or similar can be used. The pie can be decorated with pastry leaves before baking.