Easiest Way to Cook Tasty Vegan Marble Cake
Vegan Marble Cake. Get your favourites from &Cake delivered. Download the app and order now! Food you never knew you wanted.
It makes a great snack or indulgent breakfast and just look at those swirls! This moist Vegan Marble Cake combines the flavours vanilla and chocolate into one delicious swirl. A simple to follow vegan cake recipe that is light and fluffy. You can have Vegan Marble Cake using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan Marble Cake
- Prepare 30 g (3 tbsp) of cocoa powder.
- It's 4 tbsp of boiling water.
- Prepare 120 g of silken tofu (excess liquid drained off).
- It's 200 ml of (1/2+1/3 cup) unsweetened plant-based milk.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of cider or white wine vinegar (or lemon juice).
- It's 240 g (2 cups) of plain (all-purpose) flour.
- Prepare 25 g (2 1/2 tbsp) of cornflour (cornstarch).
- It's 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It's 1/4 tsp of bicarbonate of soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It's 275 g (2 1/3 cups) of icing sugar.
- It's 120 g (1/2 cup) of vegan block butter (melted).
- Prepare 45 ml (3 tbsp) of neutral oil (sunflower, vegetable, canola, mild olive).
Let me back up a sec and go over what you need to actually make the batter. Thankfully, the list isn't long and it consists of items you probably already have on hand. Vinegar & Dairy-free Milk: This combo creates a vegan "buttermilk" which gives this cake an extra kick. Please let me know if that works and I hope your daughter likes the cake!
Vegan Marble Cake step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°fan/350°F/gas mark 4. Grease an approx 11.5 x 21.5 cm / 4.5 x 8.5 in loaf tin (2lb loaf tin) and line with a strip of baking parchment..
- Place the cocoa powder in a large bowl and whisk in the boiling water to make a smooth paste. Set aside..
- Place the silken tofu, milk, vanilla extract and vinegar in a blender and blitz until smooth. (I just put it all in a large jug and use a stick blender)..
- Place the plain flour, cornflour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and sugar in a large bowl and whisk to combine..
- Add the melted butter and oil to the dry ingredients and stir until no dry patches remain..
- Gradually whisk the wet ingredients into the dry to form a smooth batter.
- Measure 500g of the batter (just under half) into the cocoa mixture and stir until smooth..
- Spoon ⅓ of one of the colours into the prepared tin. Spoon ⅓ of the other colour on top (it doesn't have to be neat). Repeat this two more times so you end up with three layers of each colour..
- Drag a skewer or knife through the batter a couple of times to swirl the colours together. Don't go mad here or you will just end up mixing them together rather than swirling; a couple of times is enough..
- Bake the cake for 60-75 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. You can loosely cover the top with tin foil towards the end of baking if it starts to get too dark..
- Leave the cake to cool in the tin for 20 minutes then gently turn it out onto a wire rack and leave to cool completely before slicing..
How Do I Prepare the Vegan Marble Cake? First put the liquid ingredients in a bowl: the melted margarine, apple sauce, cidar vinegar, vanilla soy milk, agave syrup and vanilla flavoring. This Vegan Marble Cake is so moist and fluffy and so easy and fun to make, and has the perfect balance between both vanilla and chocolate. It is a basic vegan cake recipe I love to use in most of my cakes just divided into two for chocolate and vanilla flavour combo so it is actually made from just one batter. This vegan marble cake is healthy, super easy and simple to make.