Thai yellow curry puff with minced lamb. Check Out Thai Yellow Curry on eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color today! The Top Women's Apparel to Your Door.
I have an opportunity to do a recipe developing for a well known Thai curry paste brand called Lotus. I use yellow curry paste to make this gorgeous curry puff or karipap. If you can't get hold of yellow curry paste you can use thai red. You can have Thai yellow curry puff with minced lamb using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Thai yellow curry puff with minced lamb
- It's 1 pack of ready made puff pastry.
- You need 4 tbsp of Yellow Curry Paste (I use Lotus brand).
- You need 500 g of minced lamb.
- You need 1 tbsp of vegetable cooking oil.
- You need 250 g of potatoes, cut into small dice.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fish sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of palm sugar or brown sugar.
- It's 1 of small white onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of frozen pea.
- You need 1 of beaten egg for eggwash.
- It's 1 tbsp of Sesame seed (optional).
Start by softening the onions, garlic and whole spices in a large non-stick frying pan. Cook over a medium heat, taking care not to colour them too much! Add water to the curry powder to form a paste, then add it to the minced lamb. Next add the lamb to the onion mixture in the pan and brown the mix.
Thai yellow curry puff with minced lamb step by step
- Add some vegetable cooking oil on a medium heat pan, add garlic, onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add minced lamb, carrot, peas and mix well. Add yellow curry paste and mix well again..
- Add Thai Yellow Curry Paste in stir well and seasoning with fish sauce and palm sugar. Reduce heat to low and simmer for another 15-20 minutes until potatoes are cooked through.. Remove from the heat and let it cool down..
- Assemble the puff pastry: Spread out the puff pastry from its roll, lay it on a big parchment or baking paper. Cut it into square shape, you should be able to cut about 8 squares. Lay parchment or baking paper on a baking tray and leave it aside..
- Put a generous 2 tbsp full of yellow curries minced lamb mixture into the centre of the puff pastry, fold it into triangle. Repeat with the remaining puff pastry and filling..
- Brush surface of puff pastry with egg wash and sprinkle some sesame seeds if prefer..
- To bake the curry puffs, preheat oven at 180 c. Place them on a piece of baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Tips: Use your fingertips to close up all the edges. You can use your thumb and index finger to pleat the curry puff by using pinch and fold method.
Heat oil over low heat and stir-fry Valcom Yellow Curry Paste until fragrant. Slowly add coconut milk and stir until oil appears. Add lamb and cook until tender. Slowly add light coconut milk to the mixture, then add salt and sugar, stirring well. Bring to the boil, then simmer until the meat has softened.