Recipe: Appetizing Easy Fish Pie Filling
Easy Fish Pie Filling. Check Out Fish Pie on eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color today! Double the ingredients in this easy fish pie if you need to feed four, or quadruple for eight.
My daughter loves fish (she is actually the only member of our family that does), she is returning home after being away for months so I've cooked her a welcome home pie knowing she probably hasn't had any goodness in her diet since she left 😂. I've used frozen ingredients to make it as cheap and easy as possible but you could obviously amend the. Lift the fish out onto a plate and strain the milk into a jug. You can have Easy Fish Pie Filling using 11 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Fish Pie Filling
- You need 400 g of Frozen Fish Pie Mix.
- Prepare 170 g of Frozen Prawns (cooked or raw).
- It's 1 Cup of White Wine.
- Prepare 3 of Large Cloves of Garlic.
- You need 1/2 of Large Onion finely diced.
- Prepare 2 of Small Carrots, peeled and finely diced.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Frozen Peas.
- It's 1 Cup of Boiling Water.
- You need 1-2 of Stock Cubes of Choice (I used 2 Chicken).
- It's Tsp of Coarse Black Pepper.
- It's 1/2 Tsp of Dried Sage.
To make the filling, pour the milk into a large lidded pan and add the sliced onion and bay leaves. Season with salt and black pepper. Place the fish fillets in the pan and bring to a very gentle. Lay all the fish fillets (not the prawns) in the milk.
Easy Fish Pie Filling step by step
- Empty the frozen fish into a muslin cloth, hang overnight with a container underneath. This will remove any excess water. (You won't need to do this with fresh fish!).
- When fish has defrosted, pour away the excess water, you won't need this unless you want to use it in the stock. Empty the fish into a glass bowl, pour over the wine, crush and add the garlic. Stir well, cover with cling film and allow to marinate for approximately 8 hours..
- Chop the onion and carrots..
- In a pan, add 20g Butter and 2 Tbsp Olive oil. Heat on a medium setting and gently fry the onion and carrot. Add the peas..
- Prepare the stock (with 1 cup boiling water and 2 stock Cubes of choice) whilst the onions and carrots are softening..
- Drain the fish (keep the wine and garlic marinade) and add the fish to the pan. Continue to fry on a medium heat for a further 5 minutes..
- Add the stock and the wine marinade to the pan, also add the pepper and sage and simmer on a low heat for 1/2 an hour..
- When reduced, mix 1tbsp of flour (or thickener of choice) with a small amount of water to make a paste. Slowly pour into the mix, stirring continuously until desired thickness has been achieved..
- Check it suits personal taste and add salt/pepper if needs be. Cream or milk could also be stirred in at the end if desired..
- Pour into a glass oven dish and smother with mashed potato (I'm sure we all have our favourite way of making mash)..
- Top with grated cheese and grill (optional)..
- Eat and enjoy with a glass of white wine..
- We all love salt in our house, if you prefer a less salty taste, use 1 stock cube instead of 2!.
- This recipe also works well with chicken..
Use a slotted spoon to transfer all the fish to a dish and leave to cool slightly. Roughly chop the spinach and stir into the cheese sauce. Remove the pan from the heat, then stir in the prawns, fish pie mix and mustard. Stir in the fish pie mix and season with freshly ground black pepper. For the fish filling, melt the butter in a saucepan, add the leeks and stir over the heat.