Recipe: Perfect Stir-fried potatoes & greens
Stir-fried potatoes & greens. Cook / Boil potatoes. (the potatoes should not be too soft. Heat oil in a (preferably) non stick pan with high sides. Heat a wok with oil, and stir-fry the Sichuan pepper and dried chilies until fragrant.
Add the salt, light soy sauce and vinegar in the wok and stir-fry it a few times. Spread the shreds out on the towel and pat them completely dry. Add half of the potatoes and half of the bell pepper to the smoky oil. You can cook Stir-fried potatoes & greens using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stir-fried potatoes & greens
- Prepare of Marinade (make an hour before dinner time).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sunflower oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of plain flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- It's 1 tsp of minced ginger.
- You need 2 of medium potatoes, thinly sliced.
- It's of OPTIONAL 2 portions seitan ch*cken pieces or other vegan protein.
- You need of Stir fry.
- You need 1 tbsp of sunflower oil.
- It's 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- It's 1 tsp of garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare 200 ml of veg stock.
- It's 1 of pepper (any colour).
- It's 1 head of spring greens, or an equivalent amount of other greens e.g. I used cavolo nero in the meal pictured.
- Prepare 4 of spring onions.
Heat remaining peanut oil in a wok over high heat. Add remaining ingredients to wok, cover, reduce heat, and cook until the potatoes are tender and have absorbed most of the liquid. How to Make Potato stir fry Peel the potatoes and cut into cubes. Chop the onions, garlic and green chillies into small pieces.
Stir-fried potatoes & greens instructions
- Marinade: mix the soy sauce, oils and brown sugar in a large bowl. Stir in the flour until fully combined. Stir in the garlic and ginger. Add the sliced potatoes (and fake meat if using) and stir until thoroughly coated in the sauce. Cover the bowl and set aside for an hour or two..
- Stir fry: Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan. Add the mustard seeds and when these start to sizzle and pop add the garlic and nutmeg. After a minute, add the marinade potatoes (and vegan protein if using) along with any extra marinade sauce left in the bowl. Add the chopped pepper and stir fry everything for a couple of minutes. Add splashes of water as needed to keep the food moist while it cooks..
- Pour over the stock and stir well. If your pan has a lid, you can cover it now and leave the potatoes to cook. Keep a close eye and return to stir frequently during this time, adding a little extra water as often as needed to keep the food moist as the stock evaporates. Don't be impatient, it takes up to 10 minutes..
- Finally, add the greens and chopped spring onions and stir continuously as everything cooks together for two or three minutes..
Add the potatoes and stir fry until the potatoes are coated with oil and sauce. Cover the wok or frying pan tightly for half a minute without turning down the heat. Uncover the wok or frying pan, drizzle in the black vingear and stir the potatoes thoroughly. Tip the contents of the wok into a serving plate. Submit a Recipe Correction Cook for a minute, and add the potatoes and julienned long red (or green) hot peppers.